Every great party or event needs great music, good speeches, effective lighting to be made memorable and this can achieved through good planning and research. There are so many things to consider when it comes organizing sound an lighting – design layout, use of equipment, access to power points, cabling, weather conditions if the venue is an outdoors one then the actual quality of the sound & lighting to make a lasting impact.
Brilliant sound & lighting designs can have memorable experiences and if they aren’t executed properly can become the butt of many jokes- something everyone wishes and hopes to avoid. We’ve taken the effort to collate a checklist for you to use as a cheat sheet for your next event when selecting good sound and lighting companies in Dubai:
Assess your Event: Be clear on your event requirements. Have a complete understanding of:
- What is the purpose of the event
- How many guests are attending the event?
- What is the seating arrangement organised?
- Is there a stage area allocated for speakers or speeches?
- Will be any performance – music or dance?
Know Your Venue: Identify and select the venue. Have a complete understanding of:
- Does the venue have good power sources?
- Is there clear access to set-up sound & lighting equipment?
- Does it allow for optimum sound output?
- Does it have a dance floor?
Budgeting: Ensure you have a realistic budget. Have a complete understanding of:
- Have you procured everything you need to for the event?
- Have you got a good deal in terms of pricing and value?
- Have you met or exceeded your budget?
- Do you need to make cuts? What are they?
Selecting Your Supplier: Choose a good sound & lighting company. Have a complete understanding of:
- Speak to multiple suppliers to get different quotes to compare apples for apples.
- Ask them to inspect the venue and propose a solution.
- Have you checked their reviews and references?
- Have you finalized on pricing? What is included and what is not?
- Ask for a written contract
Technology: There should be good use of technology. Have a complete understanding of:
- Are the latest equipment being used for a better performance and show?
- Have the speakers placed on a sturdy base and on a higher level?
- Is the lighting design working effect to create the desired effect and impact?
Event Day: Ensure you have a schedule for the day. Have a complete understanding of:
- When the AV company is arriving onsite for set up
- Has all the equipment arrived and in working condition?
- Has the set-up and installation completed successfully?
- Has the testing been completed and you are happy with the results?
- Are there technicians onsite if anything goes wrong and support is required?