There is no need to get creative when planning the perfect move – you just need to be smart and organized.
We all know how hectic and stressful moving can get but by being pro-active and starting early you can avoid tearing your hair apart. Follow the schedule below and you will be fine. Although there is no such thing as perfection; it’s as close to the Perfect Checklist when it comes to moving.
8 à 10 Weeks
- Identify things in your home room by room to assess what needs to be packed and what needs to be left behind.
- Prepare a folder to itemize things – stationary, kitchen items, bedroom items and so forth
- Start calling different movers and packers in Dubai and seek multiple quotes
- Organize a site visit for the moving company to give you an exact estimate of costs.
6 à 8 Weeks
- Stop buying new things and start disposing of any items that you do not need or will not use
- During the site visit highlight any fragile and large items which need to be packed separately
- Start collecting boxes and other packing material so you can start your storing and packing
- Shortlist the moving companies and check for customer reviews to assess their capabilities and service offerings.
- Confirm moving dates and time and initiate all required access and permits
4 à 6 Weeks:
- Get written contracts signed and include the scope, costs and insurance if required
- Start planning for the move and begin the sorting of your items for efficient moving on the scheduled day
- Constantly update your folder with labels on how you wants items to be identified and packed
- Update all your electricity, water, internet companies about your move and transition out of contracts
2 à 4 Weeks
- Confirm your moving company is scheduled and they have provided an onsite schedule.
- Make sure all access and permits have been received for mobbing trucks.
- Continue to pack away things in boxes and label them accordingly
0 à 2 Weeks
- Call the moving company and ask for a point of contact name and number to be provided.
- Ensure all valuables including important documentation are safely secured and are carried with you personally
- Review the contract to ensure that everything is on track and being delivered
- Ensure all services such as water, electricity are available for the moving day.
Day Before Moving à Day of Moving
- Ensure your onsite contact has called you and confirmed a time of arrival.
- Ensure the parking space for moving truck is unobstructed with good in and out access
- Make sure young children and pets are out of the immediate moving and packing area
- Ensure a safe environment for the contractors to pack, store and move items.
- Do a final check to ensure you have not missed any items.
- Make sure you receive an inventory list of all items packed and stored.
Well here’s hoping and wishing you the a great and safe moving.
Don’t get caught napping and get started early – get free and multiple quotes from experienced and affordable movers and packers in Dubai now.