Every successful business needs to operate within their budgets and only then do they become profitable. Whether it is a small business just starting up or a medium business which has been running for a while, money saved is money made.
However whilst saving money is a great thing, it cannot come at a cost of comprising certain business activities – especially not comprising marketing related expenses, which include printing costs. So what should a smart business owner do the next time he has to approach a publishing company in Dubai to get a good deal?
Read some of the tips below to get the best out of publishing companies in Dubai:
• Quote Comparison: Make sure you reach out to at least 3 publishing companies and get a like-for-like quote. This will help you to understand what a fair market price is and what the best deal available is.
• Paper Cost: When it comes to quality printing the cost of your paper selected could be the biggest cost item on your bill. Some printing companies manufacture their own brand of paper or have partnerships with paper manufacturers. Choose a publishing company in Dubai which produces its own paper or has an association with a manufacturer.
• Bulk Printing: If you have gone through the design effort and approval to print a certain quantity for a particular order, assess your order requirements again. Check if you need a higher quantity which can be potentially used later? Sometimes a few more brochures or leaflets may come handy. If you have a bigger order any publishing company would be happy to receive it and provide it at a discounted price.
• Special Offers: Many publishing companies in Dubai offer different discounts and special offers for different products. Ask your printing press if there are any special offers going around at the moment or will there be introduced one at a later stage and if your printing requirements can wait to avail that discount.
• Frequent Flyer: Every business including yours loves a repeat customer as the saying goes “It costs more money to get a new customer than to retain an existing one”. So if you have been using the services of a particular company then just ask them for a return discount.
• Printing Extras: If you have a printing requirement for one particular product, check with your business and see if there are other items which need printing. For example if you have a printing requirement of marketing magazines or advertising leaflets, check if the business requires business cards printed. Adding more items to your printing requirements allows you more room to ask for a better price.
• Wastage: Wherever possible try to avoid wastage- this could be in the form of having an approved and final design or producing a quantity which is way too high or producing a quantity which is way too low that you have to re-order the same item again.
Whatever your business requirement and no matter how small or big your order is, it doesn’t hurt to ask for better pricing and a better deal from the publishing companies in Dubai. Remember “If you don’t ask, you don’t get”.