A wedding is perhaps one of the most important decisions a person makes in his or her life and with the wedding comes a lot of critical decisions such as choosing your venue, theme, food and your wedding photographer. Yes, choosing one from all of the Dubai Wedding Photographers out there can be a very important and tedious task especially, if you don’t know what you want and who to look for.
There are plenty of wedding photographers who will do the job, but you just don’t want any job to be done. You want it to be dazzling and perfect – just like the rest of your wedding. So we’ve put together some of the key pointers you need to look for when looking for good photographers:
1. Multiple Quotes: If you were looking for to fill a role for a specific job, you would interview multiple candidates right? This process should be no different. Seek multiple quotes so you talk to at least 3 Dubai wedding photographers and choose the most suitable one for your event. You just can’t entrust the very first wedding photographer you meet.
2. Seek Referrals: It is in your best interest to get personal and contactable references from your wedding photographer so you can speak to them in detail and get all the facts. This is one of the best ways to make an informed decision. Good wedding photographers should be able to provide you with such references.
3. Reviews: Make sure you check reviews about the photographer on their website provided by previous clients. Everyone loves to talk about their wedding and the services they received, good ones and especially the bad ones
4. Experience: It’s never a wise idea to book a rookie for your most important day. A wedding photographer needs to be experienced to handle an event of such a scale and intensity. It’s a matter of high responsibility and a good photographer will always bring you the best results.
5. Portfolio: Reviewing the portfolio of any photographer, will give you a fair indication of how good he is. Check their website out and see how appealing the photo gallery is- they should be nothings short of impressive. In addition to that ask to real albums so you get an idea of what they look like in actual print.
6. Involvement: Good Dubai wedding photographers will get involved with your wedding ideas, inspirations and take a personal interest in it. Try to hire someone who is excited by the prospect of being a part of this event and not someone who just sees it as any other job.
7. Personality: Choose a photographer who has a good and positive personality. Someone who is personable and easy to approach and can work with people. Remember your event, will be busy and the photographer cannot be micro-managed and his ability to put people at ease will be a huge advantage.
8. Creative: Try and hire a good wedding photographer with a sense of creativity. You don’t want your wedding photos to turn out like everyone else’s do you? A good wedding photographer will be creative and will be able to work with your ideas and inspire an even better result.
9. Flexible: A good wedding photographer should be flexible and be able to accommodate your requirements and work with limitations and yet strive to produce spectacular results. Sometimes things don’t go to plan and weddings can be stressful for everyone involved.
10. Pricing: Weddings are expensive and almost all items in a wedding have a budget and your photography requirement will be no different. Select a good photographer, who is willing to work in your budget. Be honest and be selective on what is really important to you. Remember sometimes cheapest isn’t the best option – you get what you pay for.
11. Sign a Contract: Remember to always sign a contract. Verbal details and expectations are hard to deliver unless they are written. The best thing about writing is, then you don’t have to remember. Discuss all details including pricing, event day coverage, timings, venues, travel and all expectations and requirements in writing.
12. Insurance: In Dubai, wedding photographers having insurance is an added bonus. They should be liable in the event, something goes wrong.
13. Theme: Make sure the wedding photographer understands the theme of the wedding clearly and only then will he be able to produce the best results. Explain patiently what you are looking to achieve and provide clarity. Having your photographer guessing isn’t an option!
14. Packages: Many experienced wedding photographers will offer various wedding packages to suit to different requirements. Discuss what options are available and see which one suits best with your requirements and budget and most likely you will be able to find exactly what you are looking for. You may not need to compromise.
15. Punctual: Finally, you need to hire a wedding photographer who is punctual. There is no point hiring someone who will be late for critical moments let alone the event itself. Schedule meetings with the wedding photographer for initial discussions, to check the venue out and see how prompt and punctual they are.
So if you are looking for a great wedding photographer for your wedding or for someone you know, hire a good wedding photographer to make it a memorable event.