Who doesn’t love to dance? Dancing is an expression of freedom, enjoyment and entertainment. A dance form is an art form, and every culture and every country brings in their own style of version of dancing which brings us joy in seeing and experiencing that. There is a famous saying “We should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once”. Many of us intend to learn dance forms whether it is for personal or professional goals and luckily for those of us there are plenty of dance classes in Dubai who offer such courses.
Although many of us have an idea on what dance form or style we enjoy or whether we wish to do it recreationally or not; use the questions as a guide for pin pointing what dance classes would best cater for your needs.
• Am I dancing for fitness, muscle strength, fun, building core capacity, or to de stress?
• Are exams or grading in dancing important to me?
• Would I like to compete as I get more skilled, and does the form I have chosen allow for competition?
• Is there a social aspect attached to the type of dancing I have chosen?
• Am I hoping to increase my social network by joining a dance club?
• Do I want performance opportunities?
• Am I comfortable with the clothing I may be required to wear?
• Are my classes mixed gender, and is that ok for me?
• Do I want to partake in a group class, couples class or private class?
• Am I looking for a beginners or advanced dance class?
• What is the general age group of the class?
There are many skilled teachers and professionals who can offer dance classes in Dubai in various styles and disciplines below:
• Ballet & Jazz
• Belly dancing
• Modern & Contemporary
• Latin & Salsa
• Classical Indian & Bollywood dancing
• Tap & Ballroom
• Hip Hop & Break dancing
• Pole fit & Body Jam
If you are not familiar with these dance styles, you can always ask to watch a dance class before making a decision. You could also pay for a ‘drop in’ class and experience the style for yourself. Most studios will accommodate these options.
Now that you have identified the dance classes or styles that best suit your current requirements, it’s important to find the right studio or teacher:
• Ascertain how far you are prepared to travel to your classes.
• Take into account traffic which can be gridlocked anywhere between 7:30 -10 am and 4:30 – 7pm.
• Classes usually seem to range from 45 – 60 minutes
• Prices seem to range from Dh 50 – Dh 85 per class. Ask if there is a discount for buying bulk classes.
• If getting to work directly after your class is important this would require shower and change room facilities. Enquire as to whether this is available.
• Check the facility for cleanliness.
Some dance studios require you to wear leotards, or tight fitting clothing. While The Emirates have relaxed substantially on dress code, be aware that walking around publicly in your dance clothes before and after the class, may be offensive to some communities and some sensitivity towards this would be in order.
If you have an idea of what dance discipline and would like to pursue dance classes in Dubai why not get free competitive quotes so you can decide what’s best for you.