Cleaning does not generally rate high on most peoples list of fun things to do, yet we have all had to do our home cleaning chores at some or other time in our adult lives. Doris Day quoted
‘instead of cleaning my house, I just turn off the lights’.
If you are looking to outsource this necessary evil and free up some valuable recreation or work time, then engage a company which does house cleaning services in Dubai or Abu Dhabi.
Cleaning Companies offer both cleaners and a maid service. Getting a full time maid in the UAE is an option; however it is a long and tedious process. If you employ a maid illegally you could face heavy fines or even jail time. Choosing to use cleaning companies eliminates this particular headache, as the company will be liable for making sure all potential labor processes are taken care of.
Choosing the right cleaning service
Choosing the right house cleaning services that matches your needs requires some research and an understanding of the potential pitfalls. Outlined here are some questions you may want to think about:
- How long have they been in business?
- Can they provide valid references? And are they prepared to disclose their references?
- Could I have the same team or maid cleaning my home if I wanted to? A new maid would have to re orientate to your home, and this would limit efficiency.
- What is the minimum amount of time I could have a helper at my home? Most agencies hire a maid out for no less than 4 hours per session, regardless of the size of your home or office.
- Do I have to sign a contract and what are the cancellation conditions?
- Does the agency provide the cleaning materials, or am I required to provide them? Is there an additional charge for the provision of household cleaning products?
- Are the cleaning products used non- toxic for my children and animals?
- Will I be able to communicate with the cleaner or maid in English?
- Is liability insurance taken out by companies? Should a helper injure themselves on my premises? What is my liability if this should happen?
- What is the procedure to follow if a theft happens at my home and I suspect the cleaning staff?
- What is included in my cleaning session? Dusting? Ironing? Kitchen and bathroom cleaning? Tidying? Vacuuming?
- What guarantees on work are offered?
- What if something of mine is broken by while they are working in my home?
- Most cleaning agencies in Dubai seem to charge approximately Dhs 35 – Dhs 50 per hour.
Preparing your home for the cleaning service
- Locking up valuables is recommended. This protects you, the helpers and your valuables.
- Pack away small important items, such as special hair clips, cuff-links or ear-rings as these can easily be knocked behind furniture or vacuumed up in error.